Deadline: 14 July 2016
Open to: young people who can show that they receive financial support (Erasmus placement, regional grants or other national/international scholarship programmes)
Remuneration: EUR 50 per month
The Young European Federalists is an organization that Since 2000, has worked a lot on institutional issues calling for a European federal constitution and a more democratic Europe. Another major area of interest for JEF is the defense of human rights and the respect of the state of law especially with our yearly Belarus action since 2006.
JEF-Europe are recruiting a Policy Officer Trainee to work in the European Secretariat of the organisation in Brussels. All interested candidates should be able to start working in the European Secretariat in Brussels from 29 August 2016 for a period of 3-6 months (the exact dates will be discussed with the successful candidate).
- Supporting the Secretariat and the Executive Board in drafting policies;
- Assisting the Secretary General with reports and grant management;
- Support the Secretariat in the implementation of its daily tasks and the Work Plan for 2016 – Y.O.U.T.H. – Youth for Openness, Unity, Tolerance and Human Rights (international seminars, meetings, etc.);
- Assistance with the LADDER Project where JEF is a coordinator of the YOUTH Path;
- Representation of JEF at (press)conferences, seminars, other events in Brussels and creation of reports addressed to the Executive Board of JEF;
- Support and coordination of the pan-European actions of the Young European Federalists;
- Policy monitoring on themes linked to the strategic priorities of JEF;
- Events organization and management;
- Voluntary article writing/translation in cooperation with The New Federalist.
In line with the European Charter for Quality Internships and Apprenticeships, Acceptable are applications from young people who can show that they receive financial support (Erasmus placement, regional grants or other national/international scholarship programmes) or who need to carry out an internship as integral part of their University degrees.
- EUR 50 per month;
- The Young European Federalists will reimburse 100% of the public transport travel costs within the Brussels region.
How to apply?
To apply please send your CV and Motivation Letter to [email protected] with “Policy Officer” in the subject line. In your application, please clearly specify the internship grant received, from which institution/foundation/university and for what period.
The deadline for applications is 14 July 2016 23:59 CET
Interviews are expected to be held in the first week of August in person or via Skype.
For more information, please visit the official website