Deadline: 8 July 2016
Open to: candidates who are currently enrolled and have attended University courses in the last 12 months inclusive of having completed at least two years of undergraduate studies or have recently graduated from a University degree in Business Administration, or Economics
Remuneration: USD 700 per month
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
An internship position in the Human Resources Division based at the Headquarters in Rome, Italy is available now. The Internship will be for an initial period of 3 months (with the possibility of extension) starting as soon as possible.
The selected candidate will be responsible for following key duties:
- Conduct qualitative analysis on leadership related data, sharing insights with Director of HRM;
- Ad-hoc analytical assistance for core strategic projects within the HR branches;
- Support presentations for internal stakeholders;
- Research, collate and validate information where needed;
- Propose creative solutions for current challenges, including quick turnaround for concepts and decisions made;
- Contribute to additional HR initiatives and/ or campaigns.
- Currently enrolled and have attended University courses in the last 12 months inclusive of having completed at least two years of undergraduate studies or have recently graduated within the last 12 months from a University degree in Business Administration, or Economics;
- Fluency in English (excellent written and oral communication);
- Project experience would be beneficial;
- Proficiency in Excel & Powerpoint;
- Intermediate knowledge of a second UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Spanish, Russian) or Portuguese which is one of WFP’s working languages would be beneficial;
- Initiative, sound judgment and demonstrated ability to work harmoniously with staff members of different nationals and cultural backgrounds.
- Interns receive a monthly stipend from WFP up to the amount of USD 700 per month depending on the duty station;
- WFP is not responsible for living expenses, arrangements for accommodation, travel to and from WFP internship location, necessary visas and costs related.
How to apply?
In order to apply you will first have to register HERE then:
- Create your online CV;
- Click on the hyperlink to view the current opening(s) and “Apply” to submit your application(s).
NOTE: You must complete Step 2 in order for your application to be considered for this Internship.
The deadline for applying is 8 July 2016.
For more information, please visit the official website.