Deadline: 10 October 2016
Open to: students and researchers of, as well as experts in other disciplines, such as philosophy, political science, history, anthropology, economics, ecology, geography, journalism and others
Venue: 15 – 18 November 2016, Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences, University of Zagreb
Sociology student’s club DISKREPANCIJA opens the application call to the international symposium “CHANGE” which will be held 15 – 18 November 2016 at the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences, University of Zagreb.
Change can represent a broad spectrum of phenomena. We can observe change through positive and negative impacts it has on individuals, communities and societies. Social theories, political ideologies, social movements, etc. have all dealt with encouraging, slowing down, and preventing the process of change. Besides presentations, the discussions and round tables in store, in co-operation with teachers and civil society associations will be held.
Topic extent (with the possible additions):
- Organization of Society;
- Religion and the World;
- Sociology of Time and the Future;
- Sociology of Death;
- Culture and Spectacle;
- Sociology of Taste – Fashion and Estetics;
- Knowledge and Science;
- Sociology of the Body;
- Sociology of Nutrition;
- Sociology of Health;
- Health as an Ideology;
- Change and Psychoanalysis.
You may also submit papers which do not deal with suggested topics, but are connected with the main topic of the symposium.
- Sociologists, students and researchers;
- Experts in other disciplines, such as philosophy, political science, history, anthropology, economics, ecology, geography, journalism and others;
- Croatian is the official language of the symposium, with the option of presenting in English.
- There is no participation fee;
- Accommodation (including breakfasts) will be provided for all the presenters;
- The presenters have to cover the cost of their travel expenses.
How to apply?
- To apply for participation in the symposium You have to fill out the application form. The deadline for submitting Your application and summary (250 words) is on 10 October 2016. The applications should be submitted in either Croatian or English to [email protected]
For more information please visit the official website.