Deadline: 22 July 2016
Open to: media professionals with radio, TV, online, or video/film experience
Venue: Hilversum, The Netherlands
The world struggles to come with the persuasive powers of extremists, RNTC is the first training institute to offer media professionals a methodology to counter radical ideologies. The course sets out proven strategies to respond to the distortion of radical propaganda. The scholarship programmes are funded by the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs and administered by Nuffic, the Netherlands Organization for International Cooperation in Higher Education. The course is aimed at all media professionals taking on the challenge and responsibility of countering radicalization. It is crafted for both journalists (such as producers or reporters/writers) and media and communications staff from NGOs and campaigning organizations. The skills learned in this course are applicable to all media, on any platform, and in any region.
The most commonly used scholarships for this courses are the NFP and MSP (MENA) scholarships.
NFP stands for Netherlands Fellowship Programmes (NFP) the criteria for NFP countries are:
- You must not be employed by an organisation that has its own means of staff-development;
- Organisations that are considered to have their own means for staff development are for example: multinational corporations (e.g. Shell, Unilever, Microsoft), large national and/or a large commercial organisations, bilateral donor organisations (e.g. USAID, DFID, Danida, Sida, Dutch ministry of Foreign affairs, FinAid, AusAid, ADC, SwissAid), multilateral donor organisations, (e.g. a UN organisation, the World Bank, the IMF, Asian Development Bank, African Development Bank, IADB), international NGOs (e.g. Oxfam, Plan, Care);
MSP stands for MENA (Middle East and North Africa) Scholarship Programme. NFP scholarships are available for 50 countries and MSP scholarships for 9 countries. The criteria for MENA scholarships are:
- You have an Employer’s statement that complies with the format Nuffic has provided. All information must be provided and all commitments that are included in the format must be endorsed in the statement;
- You have an official and valid passport;
- You do not receive more than one fellowship for courses that take place at the same time;
The fellowship will cover the full cost of your travel and visa (if required), accommodation and meals, insurance, and the course fee.
How to apply?
In order to apply for the fellowship, please fill in the registration form HERE. The deadline for application is 22 July 2016.
For more information visit the official website.