Deadline: 1 August 2016
Open to: self-funded work and entries from freelancers living and working in regions where it is difficult to operate
Location: 7 December, London UK
The only awards dedicated to the work of freelance cameramen and camerawomen in news and current affairs are now open for entries! |
The Rory Peck Awards, sponsored by Sony Professional, celebrate creative, technical and journalism skills, and highlight the important contribution that freelancers make to the news gathering industry.
Entries are invited in the following three categories:
- Rory Peck Award for News (Maximum duration: 10 minutes)
- Rory Peck Award for News Features (Maximum duration: 30 minutes)
- Sony Impact Award for Current Affairs (Maximum duration: 60 minutes)
We welcome self-funded work and entries from freelancers living and working in regions where it is difficult to operate.
All entries must have had their first broadcast (television, agency feed, recognised online news publisher) between 1 JUNE 2015 and 30 JUNE 2016.
Entry forms are also available in Arabic, French, Russian and Spanish on request.
- All entries must have been shot by a freelance cameraman or camerawoman. For the purposes of the Rory Peck Awards, the term “freelance” is defined as someone who is gathering and generating stories for professional broadcast and online news and current affairs platforms;
- He/she will not have a permanent or rolling contract or salary but may be on a retainer with one or more organisation(s), work to commission or be paid by the piece. This can include those who, at times, may be required to supplement their income by other means;
- Entries must have had their first broadcast between 1 June 2015 and 30 June 2016;
- All entries must be submitted and titled as broadcast (television, agency feed, recognized online news publisher);
- Entrants may submit ONE entry per category only, but cannot submit the same entry twice.
The Rory Peck Awards are FREE TO ENTER.
How to apply?
Applicant will be required to submit the following:
- ENTRY FORM – via online submission or email;
- Submit your entry form online (preferred) or you can download a Word version of the form from the Rory Peck Awards website and send it by email to AWARDS ;
- Entry forms are also available in Arabic, French, Russian and Spanish on request.
Digital masters should be uploaded to the Sony Ci Media Cloud.
For more information please visit the official website.