Deadline: 10 August 2016
Open to: everyone aged 18 to 85 who have knowledge in the IT-sphere
Venue: “Chayka” summer camp of Odessa National Polytechnic University (Odessa)
The EcoHack is a summer school on the summer camp of Odessa National Polytechnic University (Odessa). There will be held a specialized IT competition aimed on the solution of common environmental problems, to take part in which people are invited from ages 18-85 to contribute to the solution of common environmental problems.
This programme will last for 48 hours and it will be on the organized ashore the Black Sea. It will consist of two blocks: the generation of ideas and presentation of scientific inventions that will help solve the major environmental problems by means of “depictive visualization”- creating convincing visualizations of climate models and interactions for solving certain applied task; or “emergency plan”- applications and tools to react to floods, storms, forest fires and so on.
- Promoting of environmental responsibility principles and development of eco-consciousness;
- Development of creative approach to ecological issues solution;
- Formation of positive attitude to the ecology;
- Identification of new methods and ideas to save the environment.
- IT developers, web developers, mobile developers, QA engineers, designers, illustrators, project managers;
- Everyone aged 18-85 with the knowledge of the IT sphere and ready to create a social eco-project.
- The participation costs for the contest is 800 UAH (approx. 30 EUR) сovering meals and accommodation;
- All other costs related to the event will be covered by the organizers.
How to apply?
For participation you need to fill in the application form before 10 August 2016.
For any further questions please contact: Oksana Hrynevych Coordinator of international projects and programs of Odessa National Polytechnic University Department of international cooperation at: email@example.com.
Requirements for competitive works:
- Bright creative project;
- Helping to reduce the ecological footprint of human or product;
- Generates positive attitude to ecology;
- Absence of political or religious context.
For more information please visit the official website.