Deadline: 4 September 2016
Open to: anyone interested in gender equality, women rights and women’s contribution to climate solutions.
Award: EUR 1000
The Women and Gender Constituency invites you to participate in the “Gender Just Climate Solutions Awards” initiative for the upcoming UN climate negotiations in Marrakech! The Women and Gender Constituency of UNFCCC and other women, gender and human rights advocates have been actively pushing world leaders to ensure a just outcome, one which works for people and the planet, and which responds to injustice among and within countries in relation to climate impacts and resilience. The aim is to describe your women and gender initiative for climate solutions, in one of three categories:
- Technical climate solutions with a women or gender perspective (in area of renewables, water-saving adaptation technologies etc.)
- Non-technical climate solutions with a women or gender perspective (in area of efficiency, consumption changes etc.)
- Transformation climate initiatives with a women or gender perspective (addressing governance, institutional change, planning processes etc.)
- All countries are eligible;
- All types of activist, grassroots and women-led organizations and groups working on climate protection are encouraged to apply;
- Only non-governmental initiatives are eligible (local or national government initiatives cannot be considered);
- The activity/initiative should either already have been completed or should be in current operation;
- The initiative must fit within one of the 3 award categories (above);
- Priority will be given to women-led initiatives, recognizing that programmes do not necessarily need to be women-led to be gender just.
Winners will receive a EUR 1000 grant and benefit from a 1-year mentoring program from the Women and Gender Constituency.
How to apply?
In order to apply please fill the online application.
For more information visit the official web page.