Deadline: 12 September 2016
Open to: candidates with academic background: a completed degree in international development, public relations, public administration, urban planning, or urban mobility with knowledge of sustainable transportation issues
Remuneration: annual salary of EUR 22,000-30,000 before tax and social insurance fees
ICLEI – Local Governments for Sustainability is the world’s leading network of over 1,500 cities, towns and metropolises committed to building a sustainable future. The EcoMobility Team in the ICLEI World Secretariat is searching support for the implementation of current projects, including the EcoMobility Alliance and the EcoMobility World Festival and Congress (Kaohsiung, October 2017) and/or advancing this working area in general, to strengthen the entire team.
The position will have both a thematic and administrative focus and hence a high interest in sustainable urban mobility is essential. The level and focus of the position and related salary will be determined according to the available applications and internal considerations regarding qualifications, skills and personality to allow for a well-rounded and highly functioning team.
The successful candidate will be a part of the international EcoMobility Team at the ICLEI World Secretariat based in Bonn, Germany. The position is attractive for (young) professionals interested in a dynamic working environment, working as part of a growing team.
- Academic background: a completed degree in international development, public relations, public administration, urban planning, or urban mobility;
- Knowledge of sustainable transportation issues is essential;
- At least 1 year work experience (Junior Officer) or 3 years work experience (Officer);
- Experience in managing work plans and organizing events is essential;
- Language skills: High proficiency (oral and written) of English is essential; further languages (especially German and/or Chinese Mandarin) are a strong asset;
- Experience in researching, editing and layouting publications are desired;
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office; experience with web content management (preferably Typo 3, WordPress);
- Desire to learn new topics and suggest new areas of work within the ecomobility field is an asset;
- Motivation to work in a multicultural environment.
ICLEI is offering an annual salary of EUR 22,000-30,000 before tax and social insurance fees for the full time position: The position and salary will be commensurate with applicant’s skills and experience;
How to apply?
By email to [email protected] Please include “(Junior) Officer, EcoMobility” in the subject line and send the following documents:
- A letter of motivation;
- Your recent CV (3 pages at most);
- Indication of possible start date;
- Indication of citizenship (and if non-EU, whether you are holder of a work permit for Germany).
Be aware that applications are reviewed continuously upon arrival, therefore submitting your application as soon as possible is advisable. The ICLEI World Secretariat shall only contact those applicants shortlisted for this position.
For more information, please check out the official call.