Deadline: 7 October 2016
Open to: candidates with completed (or be near completion of) a PhD in the field of Russian Language and Society or a closely related field and with fluency in both spoken and written Russian and English
Fellowship: salary of £31,656 to £37,768 per annum
The School of Literatures, Languages and Cultures seeks to appoint a Manager and Research Fellow for the Princess Dashkova Russian Centre. The post will be available for three years, from 1st October 2016 or as soon as possible thereafter, with the possibility of extension dependent on funding.
You will be part of the Centre’s team and will manage day-to-day functions of the Centre and organise its academic and outreach activities. You will contribute to the advancement of knowledge in the field of Russian Language Studies while conducting and publishing independent research. You will be expected to teach Russian courses across the Curriculum.
• Together with Academic Director, to plan and deliver the Centre’s strategy and programme of research and outreach activities locally, nationally and internationally, within and beyond the University;
• To write grant applications and undertake other fundraising activity;
• To prepare financial and other reports on the Centre’s activity.
- Completed (or be near completion of) a PhD in the field of Russian Language and Society or a closely related field;
- Fluency in both spoken and written Russian and English;
- Proven research ability;
- Good administrative skills;
- Specialists in Russian socio-cultural linguistics, discourse analysis, communication studies, linguistic anthropology, rhetoric, critical linguistics, language policy and related areas are encouraged to apply.
The role is grade UE07 and attracts an annual salary of £31,656 to £37,768 for 35 hours each week. Salary is paid monthly by direct transfer to your Bank or Building Society account, normally on the 28th of the month. Salaries for part-time staff are calculated on the full-time scales, pro-rata to the Standard Working Week.
How to apply?
In order to apply, please first register HERE, the deadline for applying is 5pm (GMT) on Friday 7 October 2016.
Informal enquiries can be made to Dr Lara Ryazanova-Clarke, Academic Director, Princess Dashkova Russian Centre ([email protected])
For more information, please visit the official website.