Deadline: 1 October 2016Open to: Youth workers, Youth leaders from Armenia, Belarus, Denmark, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Moldova, Romania, Russian Federation, UkraineVenue: 19-27 November 2016, Aghveran, Armenia
Training course for youth workers and young leaders, who want to make young people protagonists of the decision-making process of their NGOs and youth centers. A reflection on youth work, power and empowerment.
One of the ongoing tasks and challenges of youth work is to contribute to the education of young citizens, who are able to act autonomously and responsibly within their peer-group as well as in the society. This learning process is also known as youth empowerment and is aimed at enabling young people to represent their interests in a responsible and self-determined way. The more young people are confronted with the complexity of holding power and exerting it autonomously, the more a real process of youth empowerment is possible.
- To give youth workers and youth leaders the chance to explore the challenges of youth empowerment on theoretical and practical level;
- To equip participants with experienced based methods of democratic decision making;
- To reflect upon the challenges and chances of a power transfer to young people and the concrete consequences for the work of participants;
- To develop follow up projects for young people, which will take the outcomes of the project into consideration.
Youth workers, Youth leaders from Armenia, Belarus, Denmark, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Moldova, Romania, Russian Federation, Ukraine.
- Accommodation and board will be fully covered;
- There will be not a participation fee;
- Travel costs can be reimbursed up to the following amounts:
– France EUR 520;
– Germany, Denmark, Greece, Russia EUR 360;
– Romania, Moldova, Belarus, Ukraine EUR 275;
– Georgia EUR 180;
– Armenia EUR 0.
How to apply?
If you are interested in applying for this project please, fulfill the online application from latest by 1 October 2016.
If you have any further question, don’t hesitate to contact Tommaso Galli at:
- E-Mail: [email protected]
Candidates will be selected until 6 October 2016.