Deadline: 28 February 2017
Open to: young, aspiring researchers with B.Sc., M.Sc. or equivalent in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Telecommunications, Telematics or a related field
Scholarship: total combined value of financial package of more than 150,000 EUR over five years
IMDEA Networks Institute is a networking research institute whose multinational team is engaged in cutting-edge fundamental science. As a growing, English-speaking institute located in Madrid, Spain, IMDEA Networks offers a unique opportunity for pioneering scientists to develop their ideas. IMDEA Networks is establishing itself internationally at the forefront in the “development of future network technologies and has already incorporated highly-reputed scientists. The researchers of IMDEA share the potential to shape the future of networking science over the coming years. IMDEA brings together a large number of scientists performing research in fields very closely related to computer networks, to an extent that is unique in Europe. At the Institute, and teamed up with University Carlos III of Madrid (UC3M), researchers understand each other, are driven by common interests and are therefore able to collaborate in depth on leading-edge technical challenges. PhD Student positions are offered to young, aspiring researchers.
- Have a B.Sc., M.Sc. or equivalent in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Telecommunications, Telematics or a related field (concluded by the time you join);
- Excellent academic transcripts;
- Clearly defined Statement of Purpose for Ph.D. research thesis;
- Excellent level of spoken and written English (please note: Spanish is not required);
- Highly motivated.
- Freedom to focus on your research work, with full administrative support. No teaching duties;
- Collaboration with leading experts on international research projects;
- Supervision throughout your Ph.D. by one of our world-renowned and award-winning researchers;
- Use of state-of-the-art resources and facilities;
- Collaborative, multi-cultural and English-speaking environment;
- Participation at international conferences and project meetings;
- Assistance with all aspects of immigration and relocation (including support with your VISA application);
- Support to take innovations to market;
- Salaried position for up to 5 years;
- Access to comprehensive healthcare;
- Total combined value of financial package of more than 150,000 EUR over five years.
How to Apply?
There are PhD positions for specific topics or projects, as well as positions where the research topic is not pre-defined at the time of the call. If your background and interests match one or two of the positions, please enter the name of the corresponding supervisor(s) as “Preferred Ph.D. supervisor” in the section “Research interests and statement of purpose” of the application form. If you do not have a preference as to the PhD topic, leave this field empty.
More information on the official website.