Deadline: 22 January 2017
Open to: graduates who hold a Master’s degree of minimum two years
Scholarship: covering both enrollment fee and salary
The Faculty of Humanities at the University of Copenhagen is inviting applications for 16 PhD scholarships starting 1 September 2017 for a period of up to three years. The applicant’s qualifications for the scholarship are evaluated by taking into account the applicants’ general educational and academic background such as the applicants’ grade average, thesis grade, language competencies, publications and other academic activities given by the curriculum vitae as well as the duration of study especially during the applicants’ MA programme.
In addition, the proposed PhD project and study plan will be evaluated by taking the following into consideration; originality, choice of theory and method, disciplinary relevance, and prospects for completion within the required timeframe of 36 months. Furthermore, applicants are encouraged to reflect on how their projects are related to the research activities and the academic profile of the department in which they wish to be affiliated with.
The PhD projects must be related to a research area in one of the following departments:
1. SAXO Institute;
2. Department of Cross-Cultural and Regional Studies;
3. Department of Arts and Cultural Studies;
4. Royal School of Library and Information Science (RSLIS).
- You need to hold a Master’s degree of minimum two years (120 ECTS) or equivalent;
- Have excellent communication skills in English (language requirements);
- All interested candidates regardless of gender, age, ethnic origin or religion;
- You are required to enclose a number of documents in your application (read more about documentation).
Scholarships are covering both enrollment fee and salary.
How to apply?
Please note that all applications must be submitted via the PhD School’s website by using an electronic application system. An electronic application form will be available at this webpage by mid-December 2016.
The following enclosures to the application must be submitted:
- A copy of the applicant’s Master’s degree diploma and transcript of records;
- Bachelor degree diploma and transcript of records;
- If the MA diploma and/or examination records are in another language than English, German, French, Danish, Norwegian or Swedish, please include a translation into either of these languages in your application;
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Project proposal (must not exceed 12,000 characters. For further information see below).
Application deadline is 22 January, 2017 at 23.59 (CET). For further information please see the application procedure and be advised that the Faculty reserves the right to administratively dismiss applications which do not adhere to the formal requirements. Please note that the project proposal including the study plan, figures etc. must not exceed 12,000 characters.
For any further questions, please contact the PhD administration by e-mail: [email protected].ku.dk. If you have specific questions concerning your submitted PhD application please use the following e-mail address: [email protected].
More information on the official website.