Deadline: application process is ongoing
Open to: emerging scientists and engineers with a doctoral degree in the natural sciences or engineering from a recognized university within the past five years
Scholarship: USD 50,503 is allocated for one year and renewable for up to two more years
The Visiting Fellowships in Canadian Government Laboratories (VF) Program provides promising emerging scientists and engineers with the opportunity to work with research groups or leaders in Canadian government laboratories and research institutions. Fellowships are awarded for one year with the possibility of renewal for a second and third year, at the discretion of the government department concerned. The number of awards varies according to the budgets of participating departments and agencies.
- You must have received a doctoral degree in the natural sciences or engineering from a recognized university within the past five years;
- Your application will be accepted if you are currently enrolled in a doctoral program at a recognized university; however, you must expect to complete all requirements for your degree (including the thesis defence) within six months of submitting your application;
- If you have withdrawn from the workforce and active research for maternity leave, or to raise a child for at least one year, after you received your doctorate, NSERC will extend the eligibility period to six years;
- You can apply only twice for a Visiting Fellowship in Canadian Government Laboratories.
USD 50,503 is allocated for one year and renewable for up to two more years
How to Apply?
- Form 200 – Application for an Industrial Postgraduate Scholarship, an Industrial R&D Fellowship or a Visiting Fellowship in Canadian Government Laboratories
- Terms and Conditions of Applying Form(form-fillable)
For more information please visit the official web-page.