Deadline: 8 December 2016
Open to: female, between the ages of 18-23 from G20 member country, Afghanistan, Pakistan, the African or European Unions, or the MENA region
Costs: return economy air travel and accommodation will be arrangements by the organisers
The 8th Annual G(irls)20 Summit will be held in Germany, the 2017 G20 Host Country. While exact dates have not yet been set, they anticipate the Summit will take place in June 2017.
Designed G20 style, the G(irls)20 Summit brings together one delegate from each G20 country, plus a representative from the European and African Unions, Afghanistan, Pakistan and the MENA region.
During the Summit, delegates attend skills building workshops (entrepreneurship, financial preparedness, communications, digital literacy, leadership, etc.) participate in panel discussion with local and global experts, and then produce a communique with tangible, scalable solutions towards increase FLFP.
- Female, between the ages of 18-23 (at the time of Summit);
- Lives in and holds citizenship in a G20 member country, Afghanistan, Pakistan, the African or European Unions, or the MENA region;
- Is proficient in the English language for all verbal and written communications;
- Has or can obtain a valid passport and visa for travel no later than 28 Febuary, 2016
- Has an interest in the economic advancement of girls and women;
- Will commit to launching a post-Summit initiative/project in her own community;
- Has parental or guardian permission to travel to China and to fully participate in the summit for the duration of the Summit (This may require absence from school);
- Will provide consent to appear in any and all media.
The following will be provided to all G(irls)20 Summit Delegates:
- Summit learning materials and supplies;
- Return economy air travel arrangements, from the closest international airport to the delegate’s home to Germany;
- Accommodations while in Germany (in transit accommodations to be covered by the delegate);
- Meals – breakfast, lunch, dinner and refreshments each day;
- All ground transportation while in Germany.
How to apply?
- Review and Sign the Delegate Commitment Form (Review and sign the Delegate Commitment Form before you apply to represent your country at the 2017 G(irls)20 Summit);
- Complete the Delegate Application Form (The delegate application questionnaire has 11 questions that must be fully answered in order for the application to be considered);
- Reference Form needs to be completed by school official, NGO sponsor or community organization who has known the applicant for at least 1 year. (No relatives.);
- Ensure all 7 required documents are complete. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed or considered. Please save all files as follows:
For more information please visit the official webpage.