Deadline: 29 January 2017
Open to: Austrian and international students with a relevant Master’s program or a relevant equivalent degree program at a recognized Austrian or foreign post-secondary institution of education
Scholarship: financial support is about 2000 Euro gross per month
Vienna Graduate School of Finance provides financial support to outstanding students from around the world. The VGSF programme is available for full-time PhD programme in Finance.
The Vienna Graduate School of Finance is a center of excellence in Finance, located in Vienna, Austria. Its main activities are academic research and PhD education. VGSF faculty members are very well connected in the international Finance community.
- Successful completion of a relevant Master’s program or a relevant equivalent degree program in Finance at a recognized Austrian or foreign post-secondary institution of education;
- Proficiency in financial economics;
- Proficiency in mathematics and/or statistics;
- Adequate English proficiency;
- Achievement potential.
The financial support is about 2,000 EUR gross per month. After deducting insurance, tax, etc. it is about 1,450 EUR (14 salaries/year).
How to Apply?
In the online application form you have to provide the following information (note: uploaded pdf-files are well-arranged and organized for screening applications. However, they advise you to avoid filenames like “scan1.pdf”, and recommend naming files such that their contents can be easily identified)
- A self-statement of purpose;
- All degree certificates;
- All official transcripts (advised is to provide grading scales or similar information; otherwise grades/transcripts may have little or no meaning, and/or may be difficult to interpret);
- Curriculum vitae;
- GMAT or GRE (code number 9618) test scores; mandatory (!) and not older than five years;
- Proof of English competence plus Another proof of your English competence (e.g. full degree program done in English, Master thesis in English, exchange program, internship);
- Reference letters.