Deadline: 31 January 2017
Open to: international applicants
Scholarship: includes tuition waiver, monthly living allowance, travel and installation costs
The European Masters programme in Embedded Computing Systems (EMECS) is a two-years Erasmus Mundus Master’s course where each of the two academic years is spent at a different EMECS partner university. The Technical University of Kaiserslautern is a research university in Kaiserslautern, Germany.
Applications are invited for The European Masters Scholarship Programme in Embedded Computing Systems (EMECS) for 2017/2018 intake.
- The applicant must hold at least a B.Sc. degree (or equivalent) in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or a related program. At the time of application, preliminary transcripts are accepted. Final transcripts must be provided upon enrollment;
- The grade average of the previous study should prove high qualification of the applicant. This will normally be the case for a grade average of ‘B’ or better in terms of the ECTS grading scale.
The EMJMD student scholarship for the EMECS programme includes:
- A tuition waiver: this covers the costs for programme tuition, enrollment and health insurance;
- A monthly living allowance amounting to 1,000 EUR for the entire duration of the EMECS programme (24 months): this allowance is dedicated to covering your living costs while studying in EMECS;
- A contribution to travel and installation costs: this is meant to support your travel and settling at an EMECS location (e.g., flight airfare and visa fees)
How to apply?
In order to apply for EMECS you need to create an account and fill your application in their online application platform. You can also apply for a scholarship on the same application platform. Along with the application form the following documents must be provided
- Personal details;
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Proof of nationality (copy of passport). Candidates with multiple nationalities should decide at application stage under which nationality they are applying;
- Copy of university degree(s) e.g. Bachelor/Master degree certificate (if available at the time of application, otherwise it needs to be presented upon enrollment);
- Transcript of Records (stating which courses were taken and what grades were obtained at the time of application);
- Translation of certificates and transcript of records (only if originals are not in English);
- Motivation letter;
- Two recommendation letters from faculty staff or your employer (at least one should be from a faculty staff);
- Proof of English Proficiency (e.g., IELTS) using a scanned copy of result sheet. The proof of English language proficiency is waived, however, for nationals of these countries;
- GRE results (scanned copy of result sheet). Recommended but not mandatory.