Under the overall guidance of the Senior Manager, Peace and Security and the direct supervision of the Course Coordinator, the Intern will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Maintain the “Safe and Secure Approaches in Field Environments” (SSAFE) programme database;
- Inserting lists of participants received from the field into the database;
- Following-up with SSAFE focal points in the field to obtain missing data; and
- Maintaining lists on SSAFE courses planned in 2017 worldwide;
- Contribute to marketing and communications efforts, through the drafting of information pieces and correspondence;
- Contribute to administrative tasks as required, internal discussions and meetings, note taking and report writing, and support Course Coordinator(s) in coordinating and following up with Finance and Administration on e-learning related issues;
- Provide support to e-learning course design, development and delivery;
- Support facilitation of online courses on UNSSC UNKampus and webex, in collaboration with Subject Matter Expert(s) and development vendor(s); Update online courses as per instruction;
- Contribute to record keeping and provide coordination for online learning participants during the delivery of online courses;
- Provide technical support to e-learning development process as required, through tasks such as:
- Candidates currently enrolled in or having completed a higher degree University programme (Masters or other) in learning/instructional design, organization development with specialized knowledge in learning and training/human resources development, or an area related to UNSSC programmatic priorities;
- Previous work experience is not required. Practical experience in the design, development, and delivery of a range of learning products, including e-learning is highly desirable;
- Fluency (written and oral) in English;
- Knowledge of online learning and social media tools; proven ability to use Microsoft Office, internet browsers and online platforms.
The intern will receive 450 EUR per month.
How to apply?
Eligible candidates interested in doing an internship at the United Nations System Staff College must submit in English:
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae (resume);
- A motivation letter;
- For applicants who are currently enrolled in a degree programme, an endorsement from their University or Sponsoring Institution is required;
Applications should be submitted by e-mail to: [email protected] or by fax: (0039) 011 65359 02. Please indicate in the subject “Application for Internship Vacancy Announcement 006”
More information in the official call.