Deadline: 11 January 2017
Open to: PhD students in field compatible with ongoing research at IIASA (global environmental, economic and social change
Grant: 1,310 EUR per month + airfare
Since 1977, International Institute for applied Systems Analysis (IIASA)’s annual 3-month Young Scientists Summer Program (YSSP) offers research opportunities to talented young researchers whose interests correspond with IIASA’s ongoing research on issues of global environmental, economic and social change. From June through August accepted participants work within the Institute’s research programs under the guidance of IIASA scientific staff. Funding is provided through IIASA’s National Member Organizations.
The Young Scientists Summer Program (YSSP) provides a unique opportunity to:
- Advance your research under the direct supervision of an experienced IIASA scientist;
- Broaden your research interests by working in IIASA’s interdisciplinary and international research environment;
- Build contacts with IIASA’s worldwide network and collaborate with the institute during your future career;
- Produce a paper which will be the first step towards a publishable journal article.
- PhD student (ideally about 2 years prior to receiving a PhD);
- Have a field of research is compatible with ongoing research at IIASA;
- your would like to explore the policy implications of your work;
- applicants from all countries are welcome, although IIASA gives priority to citizens or residents of NMO countries.
The stipend varies slightly among NMOs, but usually it is EUR 1310 per month plus airfare. IIASA will finance up to 3 candidates from developing countries which are not members of IIASA.
How to apply?
Candidates apply via the online application form. Registration for the 2017 program will be open until 11 January 2017. Candidates will be informed about acceptance of their applications by March 10, 2017.
For more information please visit the official webpage.