Deadline: 31 January 2017
Open to: instagram users available to travel for three consecutive weeks between June –July 2017
Remuneration: 3,000 GBP in prize money plus all travel, accommodation and daily expenses included for three weeks
Royal Caribbean UK & Ireland will be hiring one savvy photographer this summer for its new “intern-ship” program. This lucky human will get to spend three weeks between June and July 2017 setting sail with Royal Caribbean and documenting their adventures all over Instagram. The intern will board Ovation of the Seas, Anthem of the Seas and Freedom of the Seas and travel to Beijing, New York, and Barcelona, respectively, with all of their daily expenses covered.
- With 25 of the world’s most innovative and spectacular ships visiting over 250 destinations worldwide every year, Royal Caribbean offers guests extraordinary experiences every day;
- Finding and documenting the extraordinary on a daily basis via Instagram;
- Whether its destinations or experiences, the ships are teeming with unique moments and your role will be to uncover the nuggets of exactly what makes each of these so memorable;
- A hybrid between a photographer, documentary maker and a storyteller, a typical day will see the successful candidate immerse themselves in the extraordinary moments, experiences and stories that take place on land and at sea, and share them with the world via Instagram – the number one source of travel inspiration in the UK.
- Minimum 21 years old;
- Skilled in Instagram with extensive knowledge of all 23 filters;
- Exemplary ability to capture stunning views, extraordinary experiences, beautiful sunsets and amazing stories on social media;
- Available to travel for three consecutive weeks between June –July 2017 to regions including New York, the Caribbean, Asia and the Mediterranean;
- Inquisitive nature, love storytelling and enjoy sharing experiences;
- Unbeatable sense of adventure and hunger for the extraordinary;
- Own a smartphone;
- Note: Photocopying, administrator and tea-making skills are not required.
- Travel package including transport via three company cruise ships;
- All travel, accommodation and daily expenses included;
- 3,000 GBP in prize money;
- Complimentary access to climbing walls, Flowrider, restaurants, swimming pools, zip wires, water-slides and onboard fitness facilities.
How to apply?
Applicants must post their most extraordinary travel photo or short video on Instagram, tagging @RoyalCaribbeanUK and #ExtraordinaryExplorer.
Applications close 31st January 2017. Judges’ decision is final decision.
For more information please visit the official website.