Deadline: 19 February 2017
Open to: young professionals (up to 35 years old)
Cost: meals, accommodation and travel will be provided
SAYP is a training programme developed to build new networks, knowledge and practices for increased transparency, efficiency and resilience in public administration in the Baltic Sea region and in the EU Eastern Partnership countries. The programme also aims to strengthen young professionals and their individual capabilities to meet the requirements of a modern governance structure.
SAYP welcomes participants from Belarus, Estonia, Young professionals employed in any of the above-mentioned countries but with a citizenship of another country in the Baltic Sea region are also qualified to apply. Young professionals currently not working in any of the eligible countries according to the above cannot apply.
The programme is targeted primarily at young professionals (up to 35 years old) already employed in the state structures, working with development of policy and measures to create a more transparent, resilient and efficient public administration.
In 2017, they are focusing on young professionals from these groups:
- Policymakers (politicians, government officials, employees of political parties)
- Public servants (non-political civil servants working at government agencies)
- Civil society workers (CSO/NGO volunteers/employees)
A general requirement for any applicant is a good command of English language and a relevant education, consisting of at least three years of previous studies.
Participation in SAYP is free of charge and includes meals, accommodation and travel
All participants will also become members of the SI Alumni Network, a vast professional and global contact network meant to keep building good practices and mutual learning processes for a sustainable future.
How to apply?
The application is made electronically, using the SI online application portal. You need to go through the following steps in order to apply for participation in SAYP 2017:
- Choose a module that you find interesting and relevant to your professional development
- Prepare your Motivation letter according to the SI template.
- Prepare your Curriculum Vitae (CV) in the Europass format of maximum 3 pages.
- Prepare a Letter of Reference according to the SI template.
- The application must include an English language certificate. If you do not have an English language certificate, prepare the SI template to be submitted with your application.
- Apply using the SI online application portal and attach the necessary enclosures. The link to the application portal will be available on this page during the application period 16 January – 19 February 2017. Remember that an application that has not been submitted within this period will not be taken into consideration.