Deadline: 1 March 2017
Open to: youth around the world
Benefits: scholarship to the 2-week Builders of the Universe camp in Maryland, USA
UNESCO Center for Peace, the U.N. organization that brings grass roots initiatives in Education, Science, and Culture, invites youth around the world to take part in this year’s Multimedia Competition. Unparalleled connectivity put youth in one of the greatest positions to bring much needed change to the world.
Entrants should respond in English by making a 3-5 minute multimedia production, 500-700 word written essay, art work or another means that channels a specific passion in answering the prompt. (Translations or subtitles for projects not submitted in English do not have to be perfect.)
- Youth around the world in three age groups:
- juniors – ages 10-14;
- youth – ages 15-19;
- young adult – ages 20-24;
- Group submissions will be accepted for non-essay projects in the same age categories.
- Winners in each category will receive a scholarship to the 2-week Builders of the Universe camp in Maryland, USA. Group admissions will split 1 scholarship between the entrants;
- All entrants will receive a digital thank-you letter from UNESCO Center for Peace for participating;
- There will be 10 semi-finalists for each age group who will receive a certificate from UNESCO Center for Peace;
- The winners in each age group will also receive a certificate and an invitation to UNESCO’s Builders-of-the-Universe Camp held during the summer of 2107 at Hood College in Frederick, Maryland, USA. If a group wins, there will be ONE scholarship offer in each age category. It will be divided between the number of entrants per group;
- The invitation will include a scholarship for the camp fee, food, and accommodations. Airfare is not included. There will be a special ceremony held to recognize contest winners at the camp. In addition, the winners will be recognized and showcased in global events during the year. This is a tremendous opportunity for youth to build leadership skills, attend a United Nations session, meet UN members, tour the White House/ Congressional Building, and meet like-minded youth from around the world.
How to apply?
In order to apply please fill the application.
For more information please visit the official web page.