Deadline: 15 March 2017
Open: U.S. and international students at the undergraduate level
Cost: full and partial support to cover economy airfare, accommodation will be provided
The world conference of science journalists 2017 is excited to offer to travel fellowships for professional and student attendees from the U.S. and abroad. These fellowships are intended to enable those who otherwise could not attend to join us for the conference in San Francisco.
- WCSJ2017 will provide special training, mentoring, editing, and publication opportunities for students interested in writing, editing, or producing science news, information, or commentary for the public as a career.
- Priority for these fellowships will be given to U.S. and international students at the undergraduate level, although graduate students in the sciences or early-career writers without access to formal training programs in journalism also are welcome to apply.
- The grants will provide full or partial support to cover economy airfare, accommodation for the duration of the conference, and reasonable ground transport, up to a maximum amount based on the traveller’s location and circumstances;
- Fellowship recipients will receive complimentary basic meeting registration;
- An additional subsidy for meals, incidentals, and registration for ancillary conference events may be provided depending on demonstrated need;
- Fellowship recipients selected for participation in pre-conference events will receive a subsidy for an additional hotel night.
How to Apply?
- Applicants will be asked to upload a resumé and a statement of interest, and to provide the name of a reference whom you will ask to send a letter of recommendation.
- They recommend that applicants read through the application online to prepare materials requested before applying. Incomplete applications will not be considered.