Deadline: 20 March 2017
Open to: young leaders ranging from entrepreneurs, students, academics to professionals
Cost: no registration or participation fee
The 2nd edition of the ASEF Young Leaders Summit (#ASEFYLS2) is for young thinkers and doers to dismantle the conventional and to bring forward fresh ideas and solutions to a more inclusive, fair and accessible employment market for the youth. Themed “Access to Youth Employment”, ASEFYLS2 contributes to the implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), in particular, goal 4 (on education), 5 (on gender equality), 8 (on decent work) and 9 (on industry and innovation). The project focuses on eight thematic areas linked to job-creation and inclusion: Age; education, disability, finance, gender, location, social backgrounds, technology;
- Citizen of any of the 51 Asia-Europe Meeting (ASEM) Partner countries
- Young leaders – ranging from entrepreneurs, students, academics to professionals and beyond – between the ages of 18 and 30
- Strong command of English (verbal and written)
- No registration or participation fee.
- The organisers will provide participants with travel subsidy
- Accommodation and meals
How to Apply?
Together with speakers, panellists, and mentors, including top-tier policy-makers, thought-provoking academics, daring entrepreneurs and civil society advocates, ASEFYLS2 participants will:
- Meet leaders from governments, businesses, academia and intergovernmental organisations
- Collaborate with peers
- Develop a critical and analytical mindset to pursue, unpack and answer complicated questions
- Enhance and acquire practical skills useful for their academic, professional and personal ventures
- Share questions and ideas directly with ASEM Leaders
Click here to apply for this rare and valuable opportunity!