Deadline: 17 March 2017
Open to: worldwide
Prize: approximately EUR 800
Thomson Foundation, together with RTE MojoCon Ireland, has launched its third mobile journalism competition, recognising a feature story or news report shot and edited entirely on a mobile device, which excites, intrigues and surprises them and demonstrates impact and creativity.
This is an open competition to find the best journalistic example of the use of mobile content production for storytelling. The competition is open worldwide. It would be preferred if entries were in English, however, other languages with on screen subtitles are acceptable. Entrants must create a mobile journalism story, either a feature or TV-style news report with a run time of 2-5 minutes. The most important thing is that the story is shot and edited entirely on a mobile device (iOS, Android, Windows Phone or RIM Blackberry) and that the video content is delivered in high definition.
- The competition is open worldwide. It would be preferred if entries were in English however other languages with on screen subtitles are acceptable;
- Submission can be a feature-type story or a news report with a typical duration of 2-5 minutes;
- The story must be filmed and edited ENTIRELY on a mobile device (i.e. smartphone &/OR tablet);
- Any device (iOS, Windows Phone, Android, RIM BB) capable of shooting and editing content can be used once the quality of the content is delivered in HD;
- Video entries should be uploaded to YouTube with the hashtag #MoJoConTFComp clearly in the title and description;
- Entrants should be prepared to share the devices, apps and workflow they used to produce the entry in the event of them winning or being asked by a member of the MojoCon community;
- Archive material or external footage downloaded to/imported into the device is NOT allowed. All footage used in the submission MUST be created by the entrant and generated on the device. All video content should be produced ENTIRELY by one individual.;
- All stories/entries must be submitted for judging by 11pm on Friday 17th March, 2017. Any stories/entries submitted after this time will be excluded from the competition. Only one entry per person. If more are entered, only the last entry will be considered;
- The use of visual grading apps, Timelapse, Hyperlapse, Slideshows etc is both allowed and encouraged.
The winner will receive a full mojo kit worth approximately EUR 800, plus return flights to Galway, Ireland, five-star accommodation and tickets to the MojoCon conference from 4th to 6th May 2017.
How to apply?
in order to apply please fill the application.
For more information please visit the official web page.