Deadline: 30 March 2017
Open to: all interested and qualified candidates above 18
Fee/Costs: free, on voluntary basis
Society without Violence NGO is looking for a creative, passionate, and strong community leader to join the board. The best candidate should have strong commitment to devote his/her time and energy to the mission of our organization and promote the establishment of gender equality in Armenia.
The board member will participate in board meetings once a month (either offline or online) and will be involved in fundraising and organizational policy making procedures. The incumbent is expected to come up with new ideas and strategies for improving the work of the NGO; utilize personal and professional skills, relationships and knowledge for the advancement of SWV and strongly contribute its organizational development. Please note, that this is an unpaid position.
– Higher Education (preferable in Human Rights, Gender Studies or any related field);
– At least 5 years of experience in the CSO sector (preferable in women’s rights/ gender equality projects);
– Proven experience in institutional development of an organization;
– Commitment to women’s rights and feminist activism promotion;
– Demonstrated skills and experience in Fundraising;
– Communication skills;
– Strategic planning and decision making skills;
– Strong knowledge of Law and Finances;
– Knowledge of International Human Right Mechanisms;
– Strong advocacy skills.
– Get involved in fundraising procedures and ensure the sustainability of the NGO;
– Create contacts with potential donors and funding organizations;
– Attend monthly board meetings (offline or online) and actively get involved in brainstorming and discussions;
– Elaborate new fundraising ideas;
– Get involved in strategic decision-making and policy formation activities;
– Come up with new and creative ideas for improving the work of the NGO;
– Participate in board development and planning retreat;
– Represent SWV in international events;
All the interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to send their CV, Motivation Letter (highlighting your qualifications, explaining what you would bring to the board and your vision for SWV) and three reference contacts to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning ”Board Member” in the subject line.
For more information please visit the official web page.