Deadline: 7 May 2017
Open to: international students
Remuneration: USD 16,916
The University of Worcester is seeking to expand its research strength in Media and Cultural Studies. In the government’s last Research Excellence Framework, Research Fortnight identified Worcester as the most improved university in the UK. Researchers in the Media and Culture course team contributed to that success and continued to produce publications of regional, national, and international significance. They are now seeking aspiring researchers who will benefit from that environment and who could, at the same time, consolidate and re-shape our existing research specialisms. As a postgraduate researcher, you could also help enhance our University-wide focus on producing distinctive research in Arts, Culture and Heritage.
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
Essential Criteria: Applicants should have or be able to evidence:
- A First or Upper Second (2.1) Honours Degree, or expect to receive one by October 2017;
- A sound understanding of, and interest in one of the areas of Media and Cultural Studies outlined above;
- Computer literacy;
- Ability to organize and meet deadlines;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work independently and contribute to a team;
- Commitment and an enthusiastic approach to completing a higher research degree.
- Education to Masters Degree level in a relevant area;
- Experience of appropriate research methods and skills;
- Ability to contribute to research study design;
- Means of travelling independently to archives etc.
Applicants will get the salary of approximately USD 16,916.