Deadline: 28 April 2017
Open to: artists working in any discipline at any stage of their career
Fellowship: GBP1,000 stipend, Studio, Accommodation, etc
Applications are invited from artists working in any medium for the 2017/18 Micro Residency Programme at Edinburgh Sculpture Workshop.
The Micro Residency program is a research and development opportunity for artists at any stage of their career. Designed to foster experimentation and innovation, the Micro Residencies allow the participants to engage in an intensive six-week period of production, testing and investigation while living in the onsite apartments.
The program enables artists to explore new ideas out with their normal practice whilst benefitting from ESW’s facilities and staff support allowing residents to develop their ideas without the pressure of producing work for public exhibition.
The residents will also be part of a vibrant and welcoming studio holder and artistic community opening up the networking and peer review opportunities.
As this residency program is conceived as a period of artistic research the only set public outcome is a presentation of your current practice. This is normally an artist’s talk but is open to what form this event takes. There is no exhibition outcome expected from the residency.
This opportunity is open to artists working in any discipline at any stage of their career. Students in full-time education are ineligible to apply.
There are four Micro Residencies throughout the year with each lasting six weeks, artists will receive:
– GBP1,000 stipend;
– Training and support from the technical team in material processes and equipment;
– Support from the program team;
– Access to all workshops / spaces;
– 1 year’s Membership of ESW.
Please complete the application, and send with the following:
– A one-page statement of outlining your practice, your interest in the Residency, and how it will benefit your work;
– CVs of all artists involved;
– Supporting material –This must be in the form of a pdf containing up to 8 images and no larger than 10mb in size. You can include links to work online and your website within this document. If you want to include moving image/sound work in your application either include links to your work online or send them via dropbox or a similar file sharing utility.
For more information please visit the official web page.