Deadline: 10 May 2017
Open to: WTO Member Countries
Benefits: CHF 3,500 monthly salary (approximate)
The WTO Secretariat is seeking candidates for THE WORLD TRADE ORGANIZATION YOUNG PROFESSIONALS PROGRAMME for 2018. The WTO Young Professionals Programme (YPP) is a unique opportunity for qualified young professionals up to the age of 32 years as at 1 January 2018, from eligible developing and least-developed country (LDC) WTO Members, to enhance their knowledge and skills on WTO and international trade issues.
The Programme aims to widen the pool of professionals from these countries who can later be more competitive with respect to recruitment in the WTO and/or other regional and international organizations. This is a limited programme that offers selected young professionals with the opportunity to gain work experience in the WTO. There is no guarantee of an extension of the programme or of a job offer after the one-year programme.
The selected Young Professional will be placed in a specific Division of the WTO Secretariat in accordance with the needs and priorities of the Organization; and based on the identified areas of interest of the Young Professional. Each Young Professional may express interest in not more than three areas of WTO work; and in order of preference.
- Applicants must be 32 years old or younger, as at 1 January 2018;
- The program is opened for participants from WTO Member Countries;
- Advanced university degree in law economics, or other international trade-related subjects relevant to WTO work;
- Relevant expertise or continued academic study in a field of interest to the work of the WTO;
- Ability to think strategically; work independently and in a team;
- Demonstrated strong interest in international trade;
- Commitment and passion for trade or WTO-related work;
- Minimum two (2) years of relevant experience;
- Fluency in English. A good working knowledge of one other official WTO language, French or Spanish, would be an advantage.
Preference shall be given to nationals from WTO Members without any representation at the professional level in the Secretariat.
The starting salary is CHF 3,500 monthly salary (approximate).
How to apply?
A cover letter (letter of motivation) MUST accompany the application – the letter should also note UP TO THREE areas of work that applicants would be interested in, in order of preference. Applications with no accompanying letter will not be considered.
All applicants are encouraged to apply online as soon as possible after the vacancy has been posted and well before the closing date – Central European Time (CET) – 10 May 2017.
For more information visit the official website.