Deadline: 21 May 2017
Open to: applicants between 25 and 38 years old from U.S., Canada, or a country member of the Council of Europe (plus Belarus); Middle East (including the Arabian Peninsula) or North Africa active in civil society
The Fellowship Program aims at fostering intercultural exchange and interfaith understanding by engaging with young civil society leaders and professionals from Europe, North-America (EUNA), the Middle East and North-Africa (MENA). Framed around two-week exchange trips between EUNA and MENA countries, the Program sends participants from each geographic area to their counterparts’ region.
The Fellowship provides participants with first hand exposure to diversity and with the opportunity to experience cultural immersion while interacting with a wide range of local actors and partners. In every country visited, participants are being provided with crucial comprehension tools to help them understand the plurality of their surroundings, and to get an extensive grasp of host countries’ culture, politics, society, religion, media and more.
- From the U.S., Canada, or a country member of the Council of Europe (plus Belarus); Middle East (including the Arabian Peninsula) or North Africa
- Born between January 1st 1982 and December 31st 1992;
- Fluent in English;
- Working directly with civil society and/or the media and able to present professional achievements in that field;
- In the possession of a passport valid at least 6 months beyond October 2017 (May 1st 2018 and beyond);
- Available to travel for a period of 18 days in October or November 2017 as scheduled by UNAOC. Final dates will be confirmed 4 weeks before departure;
- Must not have participated in any of UNAOC programs before.
How to apply?
Please submit your complete application no later than Sunday May 21st 2017 at 11:59PM EST
- Only fill in the following application if you meet all the eligibility criteria;
- The application is to be completed in English only;
- The application is to be completed truthfully and in its entirety;
- Make sure to attach all the documents required;
- Resume must be in English;
- Do not attach anything else but the documents required.
For more information please visit the official web page.