Deadline: 31 May 2017
Open to: high school students (16-18 years old) and university students (18-24 years old)
Venue: Rome, October 2017 – June 2018
The Academy Vivarium Novum is offering scholarships for high school students and university students of any part of the world.
The courses will be as follows:
- Latin language (fundamental and advanced);
- Greek language (fundamental and advanced);
- Latin composition;
- Roman History;
- Ancient Latin literature;
- History of ancient Philosophy;
- Renaissance and Neo-Latin literature;
- Latin and Greek music and poetry;
- Classics reading seminars.
The goal is to achieve a perfect command of both Latin and Greek through a total immersion in the two languages in order to:
- Master, without any hindrances, texts and concepts which have been handed down from the ancient times, middle ages, the Renaissance period and modern era;
- Cultivate the humanities in a manner similar to the Renaissance humanists.
All the classes will be conducted in Latin, except for Greek classes which will be conducted in ancient Greek.
- High school students (16-18 years old);
- University students (18-24 years old).
The Academy Vivarium Novum is offering 10 scholarships to high school students and 28 scholarships to university students.
The scholarships will cover:
- all of the costs of room and board;
- teaching and didactic materials.
The courses will be held on the grounds of the Academy’s campus at Villa Falconieri (Frascati – Rome).
How to apply?
Application letters must be sent to [email protected] by May 31, 2017. We however advise to send the applications as soon as possible. The selection process will come to an end within August.
In order to submit your application, you must send a motivation letter. On it you should introduce yourself in a detailed manner and explain why you would like to participate in our program. Besides this, the letter should contain the following information:
- Full name;
- Date and location of birth;
- What school you currently attend;
- How long you have studied Latin and/or Greek;
- Which authors and works you have read;
- Other studies and primary interests outside of school.
In addition, please attach a recent photograph and a copy of your passport or your ID card.