Deadline: 24 November 2017
Open to: both design students and to professionals, with no age limit
Costs: no entry fee
Andreu World launches its 17th annual International furniture Design Contest and opens registration for 2017.
The competition is open to both design students and to professionals, with no age limit. Participants are invited to submit new designs for a wooden chair and/or table.
The following requirements from the competition briefing are relevant:
- Seating: The main material used shall be Beech wood, Oak wood or Walnut. Chairs may be upholstered to a greater or lesser extent, if considered appropriate and veneered board or plywood;
- Tables: The main material used shall be Beech wood, Oak wood or Walnut. Tables may be veneered board or plywood;
- The use of other materials such as metals, plastics, glass, etc. is allowed when complementary, structural or incidental to the above;
- All designs presented shall be new, not having been marketed or disclosed prior to the date of the Contest.
- The best design for 2017 will be awarded with 3,000 Euro;
- The second best, with 1,000 Euro;
- A maximum of four (4) non-monetary prizes will also be announced.
There’s no entry fee and the competition it’s free to enter.
How to apply?
More than one entry is allowed per participant. Group submissions are also possible and permitted. The awards ceremony will be held in December 2017.
More information on the official website.