Deadline: 3 July 2017
Open to: anyone from anywhere in the world entry is free
Award: Main DepicT! 2017 Award – GBP 1500 cash + Lifetime membership to Shooting People
Watershed’s super-short filmmaking competition is part of Encounters Short Film & Animation Festival.
It doesn’t matter what your budget is or what genre you’re working in. The competition is open to anyone from anywhere in the world, and entry is absolutely free – but there is ONE simple rule:
Your film MUST be 90 seconds or less in duration.
- The duration of your film(s) must not exceed 90 seconds including titles and credits;
- DepicT! is open to short films of all production techniques, including animation, documentary, drama, experimental or artist film and hybrid work. We do not accept advertisements;
- Only films completed since September 2016 may be submitted. Whilst we do not have a premiere policy, we positively encourage entries made specifically for DepicT!
- The maximum number of entries per individual is ten;
- The primary contact completing the submission process must be authorised to submit the film(s) and must have obtained necessary permissions for the inclusion of copyrighted music and/or images within the films;
- If the original language is not English, please ensure that the film includes English subtitles;
- If your film(s) is /are shortlisted, you will be asked to send in a higher resolution version;
- Please note that only the director(s) will be credited on the website and any other promotional material. In the case of shortlisted and/or winning co-directors, multiple prizes may be granted at the discretion of the organisers;
- Main DepicT! 2017 Award – GBP 1500 cash + Lifetime membership to Shooting People;
- DepicT! Royal Photographic Society Cinematography Award GBP 1000 cash;
- DepicT! 2017 British Special Mention Award -A special package of support which will both promote the winning 90-second film and further develop the filmmaker’s skills;
- DepicT! Random Acts Special Mention Award – A unique chance to be featured on Channel 4’s Random Acts website and pitch for a new Random Acts commission;
- Shooting People Audience Award – Lifetime membership to Shooting People.
How to apply?
In order to apply, your entry needs to be submitted online.
For more information please visit the official web page.