Deadline: 9 June 2017
Open to: excellent and motivated candidates with an academic degree at the Masters level
Scholarship: the position covers full-time studies at a maximum of four years
Uppsala Antibiotic Center (UAC) announced in 2015 to bring together, stimulate and support research addressing important questions regarding antibiotic resistance from all three disciplinary domains at UU: Medicine and Pharmacy, Science and Technology and Humanities and Social sciences. UAC is now advertising 14 Ph.D. positions. The present position is located at the Department of Cell and Molecular Biology (ICM), one of the broadest and distinguished biomolecular departments in Europe.
- Excellent and motivated candidates with an academic degree at the Masters level in Microbiology or Infection Biology or Engineering degree in Molecular Biotechnology are invited to apply for this position;
- Knowledge about experimental work with large omics data sets is a merit;
- An excellent knowledge of spoken and written English is an absolute requirement.
The PhD-position covers full-time studies at a maximum of four years.
The rules governing this process can be found (in Swedish) in Högskoleförordningen 5 kap 1-7 and in University rules.
How to Apply?
Log in and apply and the applications should include:
- A brief description of research interests and past research experience;
- Copies of exam certificates and grades;
- A copy of your Master’s thesis (or a summary);
- A cover letter motivating why you are interested in the position.
- Candidates are encouraged to provide letters of recommendation or contact information to two reference persons.