Deadline: 30 June 2017 (EU)/15 June 2017 (outside EU)
Open to: students pursuing their BA, MA or PhD degrees and have academic and/or professional interest and enthusiasm for the topic
Benefits: limited scholarships including free accommodation and meals
The current crisis of the EU and the dynamics of shifting global powers brings the region of Central Europe into a new era of uncertainty. Different nation states and political elites play a balancing act between national solidarity and EU cooperation, neoliberal free market economy and state sanctions on trade and flows of capital. At the same time, these countries are trying to transform state and society relations.
From 20 August to 1 September 2017, the Institute of Advanced Studies Kőszeg (iASK) and The University of Pannonia Kőszeg Campus welcome academics and students from all around the world and the region to discussions and dialogues about the challenges and possibilities for the region of Central Europe. The Summer University will take place in Kőszeg, Hungary.
- The Crisis of European Narratives – Where is Central Europe?;
- New Wars – Security, Terrorism and Technologies of Surveillance;
- Europe, Greece, Turkey and the Balkans;
- Central Europe and the Illiberal State;
- Changing Gender Dynamics in Central Europe: States and Civil Rights;
- Politics and Popular Culture;
- Central Europe 4.0 – the New Industrial Revolution in the 21st Century;
- III International KRAFT (Creative Cities – Sustainable Regions) Conference;
- The Future of Science in Central Europe;
- The Future of Universities.
Students pursuing their BA, MA or PhD degrees and have academic and/or professional interest and enthusiasm for the topic.
There are limited scholarships are available which include free accommodation and meals.
To be considered for scholarship, please send us the following:
- Completed application form;
- A 2-page statement on the topic of your academic interest;
How to apply?
Please apply using this application form.
For more information please read the official call.