Deadline: 30 June 2017
Open to: applicants with a university degree from all disciplines from Central, Eastern and South Eastern Europe, France, Israel, the USA or the Arab World
Benefits: monthly allowance of 500 EUR, free accommodation and a health, accident and liability insurance
The German Bundestag awards around 120 scholarships for young university graduates from 41 nations with the Freie Universität Berlin, the Humboldt University of Berlin and the Technische Universität Berlin. The program runs every year from 1 March to 31 July. If you come from Central, Eastern and South Eastern Europe, France, Israel, the USA or the Arab world, you can follow the procedures in the German Bundestag for five months by means of the International Parliamentary Scholarship Fellowship of the Bundestag (IPS), three of them working in a deputy office. The program is under the patronage of the Bundestag President.
The objectives are:
- To promote relations between Germany and the participating countries;
- Consolidate democratic values and tolerance;
- Deepen understanding of cultural diversity;
- To ensure peaceful coexistence in the world.
The IPS is open to highly qualified, committed, open-minded and politically interested young women and men who have the will to actively shape the democratic future of their country. The scholarship holders are selected by an independent selection committee of the German Bundestag, with the participation of the Berlin universities, on the basis of professional, social, linguistic and intercultural skills.
- Citizenship of the participating country (dual citizenship possible);
- Completed university study;
- Very good German language skills (at least level B 2 of the Common European Framework of Languages);
- Less than 30 years at the beginning of the scholarship.
Successful applicants will receive a scholarship. The scholarship includes a monthly allowance of 500 EUR, free accommodation and a health, accident and liability insurance. In addition, the costs of the arrival and departure to and from Berlin are taken over. The International Parliamentary Scholarship is financed by the German Bundestag.
How to apply?
Further information for participants from each eligible country can be found here.
For more information please visit the official website.