Deadline: 05 September 2017
Open to: doctoral students and faculty members from political science and public policy programs
Venue: 14-15 October 2017 in Cambridge, MA
Doctoral students conducting research on international security are invited to submit papers to the Harvard International Security Conference to be held on October 14-15, 2017.
The conference is designed to provide doctoral students with feedback on their research from peers and faculty outside their home institutions and build cross-institutional relationships among the next generation of international security scholars.
- The conference will bring together doctoral students and faculty members from political science and public policy programs. Research papers may focus on any substantive topic and employ any research methodology, so long as the core question is directly tied to international security;
- Applicants are asked to submit a full research paper along with a separate copy of the abstract. The paper will be evaluated based on progress and quality;
- Papers may be single- or co-authored. Although doctoral students at any stage are welcome to apply, we anticipate the workshop being especially useful for students on or nearing the academic job market.
- Graduate student participants will be compensated up to USD 500 for their travel and/or hotel expenses;
- Participants also have the option of staying with a student host in the Cambridge area, which the conference leaders will coordinate.
How to apply?
Applications must be received by September 5, 2017.
If you have any questions, please write to: harvard.int[email protected].
For more information please visit the official website.