Deadline: 31 August 2017
Open to: students all over the world
Benefits: USD 1,000 award
Founded by forwarding thinkers and innovators, iPrice Group was established with the aim to improve the online shopping experience for both consumers and online merchants. As we reach our 3rd year anniversary come October 2017, we would like to celebrate the occasion by inspiring the innovators of tomorrow by launching the iPrice Innovators’ Grant.
The iPrice Innovators’ Grant is a special initiative for students both in high schools and in tertiary education to become a problem solver in real life by sharing how e-commerce can help improve the quality of life for all.
Regardless if you’re in high school or in your tertiary education, we would love to hear your innovative ideas. Unveil the innovator within you.
Successful applicants will need to go through two rounds before we decide the top 5 students:
1. Preliminary Round (Essay) – 15 May 2017 till 31 August 2017
Top 5 finalists will be chosen based on:
- Originality of idea;
- Demonstrates practicality, effectiveness, and demand for your innovative solution;
- Be as detailed as possible in a concise manner (within the word limit);
- Essays with complementary visual illustrations (pictures, video, graph, etc) is a plus.
2. Final Round (Video)
To win, finalists are required to inspire and present their innovative solutions in their best possible manner through a video. In the video, finalists are required to:
- Record a video explaining your innovative solution within 5 minutes;
- Publish your video on YouTube with title iPrice Innovators Grant: (title of essay);
- Share your video on your social media channels and hashtag #iPriceInnovatorsGrant.
Applicants may submit their essays in either one of these languages:
- Bahasa Malaysia;
- Bahasa Indonesia;
Please note, any submissions not in one of the languages mentioned will not be entertained.
By 14 October 2017, 5 winners will be chosen and be given grants worth up to USD 1,500.
The 5 finalists will be chosen. They will receive an e-certificate and USD 100 grant each.
iPrice will judge and determine a single winner, where he/she will be declared the winner of the iPrice Innovators’ Grant and bag an additional USD 1,000.
How to apply?
Answer this question by writing an essay between 1,000 to 2,000 words: How do you think e-commerce can be utilised to resolve issues that is faced by people today?
Only one individual is allowed per-application.
Your essay should:
- Highlight a specific challenge or difficulties faced by real individuals or an organisation;
- Describe how can e-commerce help overcome the mentioned issues.
For example: An idea how an e-commerce can help effectively deliver food supplies to rural communities, a useful service from e-commerce to help a single mother to juggle her tasks or an idea how ecommerce can be used as a tool to help offline businesses grow.
Once ready you may email your essay to [email protected] with the following details:
- Name as per ID;
- Residing address;
Your social media profile: Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Name of School/College/University, Title of your essay.
Attach the following in your email:
- Scanned copy/picture of your student card;
- Your essay in pdf format.
The subject of your email should be written in this manner: Name of country – Title of Essay- your name.
Example: Malaysia – Strategies for Single Mothers – Abu Bakar
For more information, please visit the official website.