Deadline: 24 November 2017
Open to: both domestic and international students
Benefits: 70,000 CAD annually for up to four years
The University of British Columbia is offering Future Forests Fellowships for both domestic and international students. Fellowships are awarded to pursue full-time doctoral studies at UBC Forestry for the course beginning in September 2018.
The UBC Faculty of Forestry’s Future Forests Fellowship aims to attract and retain world-class doctoral students by supporting students who demonstrate both leadership skills and a high standard of scholarly achievement in graduate studies.
The University of British Columbia is a global centre for research and teaching, consistently ranked among the 40 best universities in the world. Since 1915, UBC’s West Coast spirit has embraced innovation and challenged the status quo.
Fellowships are awarded in one of the following areas:
- Forest Products Biotechnology;
- Forest Genomics;
- Climate Change;
- Urban Forestry;
- Forest Management;
- Forested Landscapes;
- Salmon Ecology;
- Forest Health;
- Forests and Indigenous Peoples;
- Forests and Human Health.
Applicants must be seeking financial support for their first doctoral degree. Applicants must meet the eligibility requirements for admission to full time doctoral studies at UBC Forestry and intend to register beginning September 2018 (a completed application to the Forestry PhD program September 2018 intake is part of the documentation required for applying to the Future Forests Fellowship);
To receive funding, the successful recipient of the Future Forests Fellowship must:
- Remain enrolled as a full-time student in the UBC Forestry doctoral program and demonstrate continued satisfactory progress documented through annual progress reports;
- Not hold any other awards from the Canadian government or the University of British Columbia at the same time as the Future Forests Fellowship.
The fellowship amounts to 70,000 CAD annually for up to four years. The fellowship is intended to cover all expenses incurred in the preparation and conduct of research.
How to Apply?
A complete PhD, MSc or MASc application file includes the following items. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that their online application and all supporting documents (including official language test scores if applicable) are received by deadline.
- Secure the interest of a prospective supervisor;
- Complete the Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies online application package;
- Scanned copies of official transcripts;
- Three (3) References;
- English Language Proficiency;
- Letter of Intent;
- Curriculum Vitae (CV).
In order to apply please fill in the application.
For more information please visit the official website.