Deadline: 15 November 2017
Open to: scholars of any nationality
Fellowship: USD 2,000 per month (Domestic) and USD 2,500 per month (International)
The Harry Ransom Center invites applications for its 2018–2019 research fellowships. The fellowship support projects that require substantial on-site use of its collections in all areas of the humanities, including literature, photography, film, art, the performing arts, music, and cultural history.
The Ransom Center is an internationally renowned humanities research library and museum at The University of Texas at Austin. Its extensive collections provide unique insight into the creative process of writers and artists, deepening our understanding and appreciation of literature, photography, film, art, and the performing arts.
All international applicants for whom English is not the native tongue must provide proof of competence in the English language.
- The fellowships are open to scholars of any nationality;
- Previous recipients of Ransom Center fellowships are eligible to reapply after two full fellowship cycles have passed;
- One-to three-month fellowships and travel stipends are open to scholars with a Ph.D. or with a substantial record of professional achievement, demonstrated on their curriculum vitae. If the Ph.D. is in-progress at the time of application, the proposal and letters of recommendation must clearly indicate completion by June 1, 2018. Successful applicants must complete the Ph.D. by this date in order to accept the fellowship;
- Dissertation fellowships are open to doctoral candidates engaged in dissertation research by the time of application.
- One to three-month fellowships USD 3,500 per month (Domestic) and USD 4,000 per month (International): One- to three-month fellowships are available for postdoctoral or independent scholars whose projects require extensive work with the Ransom Center’s collections;
- Travel Stipends USD 2,000 (Domestic) and USD 2,500 (International): Travel stipends are available for post-doctoral or independent scholars whose projects require less than one month’s work with the Center’s collections. Travel stipends may not be combined with other Ransom Center fellowships;
- Dissertation Fellowships USD 2,000 (Domestic) and USD 2,500 (International): Dissertation fellowships, generously supported by the Creekmore and Adele Fath Charitable Foundation and The University of Texas at Austin Office of Graduate Studies, are available for graduate students whose doctoral dissertations require the use of the Center’s collections.
How to Apply?
The proposal and required letter(s) of recommendation for 2018–2019 fellowship applications must be submitted through the Center’s online application system. A complete application consists of a three-page proposal and one or two letters of recommendation as outlined below. These materials must be uploaded to the Ransom Center’s online application system as PDF files by the application deadline. To begin your application for a 2018–2019 fellowship, create a fellowship account. Upon successful creation of your account, you will receive a fellowship account number, which you must use to submit your proposal, and which your referee(s) must use to submit the required letter(s) of recommendation. Please note that information cannot be revised once submitted. Previous applicants for Ransom Center fellowships must create a new account for 2018–2019, as accounts from previous applications cannot be reused.
In order to apply fill the application form.
For more information please visit the official website.