Deadline: 29 September 2017
Open to: international academics, independent scholars, journalists, and creative writers
Fellowship: stipend of up to USD 70,000 + benefits
Applicants are invited for Cullman Center Fellowships program. These fellowships are available for academics, independent scholars, journalists, and creative writers.
The aim of these fellowships is to promote dynamic communication about literature and scholarship at the very highest level—within the Center, in public forums throughout the Library, and in the Fellows’ published work.
The New York Public Library (NYPL) is a public library system in New York City. With nearly 53 million items, the New York Public Library is the second largest public library in the United States (behind the Library of Congress), and fourth largest in the world.
The Cullman Center’s Selection Committee awards up to 15 fellowships a year to outstanding scholars and writers—academics, independent scholars, journalists, and creative writers.
- Foreign nationals conversant in English are welcome to apply;
- Candidates who need to work primarily in The New York Public Library’s other research libraries—the Library for the Performing Arts, the Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture, and the Science, Industry and Business Library—are not eligible for this fellowship.
The Cullman Center looks for:
- Top-quality writing from academics as well as from creative writers and independent scholars;
- Fellows work at the Center for the duration of the fellowship term, which runs from September through May;
- Each Fellow gives a talk over lunch on current work-in-progress to the other Fellows and to a wide range of invited guests, and may be asked to take part in other programs at The New York Public Library.
Fellowships will cover the following:
- A Cullman Center Fellow receives a stipend of up to USD 70,000, an office, a computer, and full access to the Library’s physical and electronic resources.
How to Apply?
In order to apply fill the application form.
For more information please visit the official website.