Deadline: 2 October 2017
Open to: international students
Fellowship: 7,000 USD research allowance per annum, plus medical benefits
The Society of Fellows in the Humanities at Columbia University is looking for excellent applicants for its Postdoctoral Research Fellowship. The fellowship is available for International Students.
The aim of the fellowship is to enhance the role of the humanities in the University by exploring and clarifying the interrelationships within the humanities as well as their relationship to the natural and social sciences.
Columbia University (Columbia; officially Columbia University in the City of New York), is a private Ivy League research university in Upper Manhattan, New York City. It is often cited as one of the world’s most prestigious universities.
- Applicants must have received the PhD between 1 January 2016 and 1 July 2018;
- Applicants from the USA are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
Scholarship will cover the following:
- The Fellowship Stipend for 2018-2019 is 63,000 USD. Medical benefits are provided, and subsidized housing is available;
- There is a 7,000 USD research allowance per annum.
How to Apply?
Application consists of the following:
- Online Application and two corresponding sets of hard copy application materials. Please note that the Online Application must be submitted in order for the corresponding hard copy submission to receive consideration. In addition to your personal information, the Online Application requires submission of:
- Microsoft Word or PDF files containing your curriculum vitae;
- Research project proposal (no more than 1,500 words);
- Writing sample (no more than 3,500 words; footnotes and bibliography may be appended);
- Two-page undergraduate course syllabus of your own design;
- Once your online application has been submitted, please prepare two collated, corresponding sets of hard copy applications, placing at the front of each a copy of the printed Online Application Form.
- One 25 USD application processing fee. This fee must be paid online via Visa or MasterCard payment;
- Two letters of recommendation. Recommenders will receive automated notification of your request and instructions for submitting their recommendations once you have submitted the online application form. Please be sure to follow up with your recommenders, as spam filters can interfere with the delivery of automated emails. You can check the status of recommendation submissions and resend the automated notification to your recommenders by logging into your online application account;
- One stamped, self-addressed postcard if you wish us to acknowledge receipt of your hard copy application materials. On the postcard, please include the message: “Application to Columbia University Society of Fellows received”.
In order to apply fill in the online application form.
For more information please visit the official website.