Deadline: 10 September 2017
Open to: international applicants are eligible to apply
Benefits: 450 EUR per month
United Nations System Staff College is now accepting applications for E-learning Development Internship opportunity for a period of 6 months. Previous work experience is not required. Portfolio or evidence of skills is highly desirable. Previous experience in qualitative data analysis is an asset. International applicants are eligible to apply for this internship program. Internship application deadline is 10 September 2017. Internship can be taken in Turin, Italy.
The United Nations System Staff College (UNSSC)’s Learning Lab is seeking an intern to help with several leadership and management training programs being developed for UN middle and senior managers. The Learning Lab is one of the Programme Teams in the UNSSC, seeking to offer UN system organizations and staff innovative and cost-effective solutions to support staff development and increase learning, management and communication competencies and organizational capabilities.
To this end, the Learning Lab team focuses on the application of technology and innovation to learning and knowledge management, fosters peer learning and offers UN personnel a broad portfolio of courses and on-demand services on core skills and management competencies.
International applicants are eligible to apply for this internship program. Applicants can be considered if they meet one of the following:
- Are enrolled in a Master’s or in a Ph.D. program;
- Are enrolled in the final year of a Bachelor’s program;
- Are within one year after graduation from a Bachelor’s, Masters or Ph.D. program in instructional design, adult education, communication, web design, graphic design or other related areas from an accredited college or university;
- Previous work experience is not required. Portfolio or evidence of skills is highly desirable. Previous experience in qualitative data analysis is an asset;
- Fluency (written and oral) in English;
- Excellent computer skills in the Microsoft Office suite. Familiarity with online learning and social media tools. Mobile app development experience is an asset.
Other skills and competencies:
- Ability to learn and act in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team;
- High motivation, with a desire to learn and grow professionally.
Interns who are not financially supported by other institutions shall receive a stipend from UNSSC intended to assist in covering basic subsistence costs. The monthly amount of the stipend is fixed at 450 EUR. No other payment of any kind shall be made to an intern by UNSSC in connection with an internship agreement.
The duration of the internship is 6 months (starting as soon as possible).
How to apply?
Candidates for the Internship Programme are selected on a competitive basis. Only those candidates who meet the requirements of the position will be short-listed and interviewed. The candidates will be informed of the result of the selection process as soon as it is finalized.
Eligible candidates interested in doing an internship at the United Nations System Staff College must submit in English:
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae (resume);
- Motivation letter;
- For applicants who are currently enrolled in a degree program, an endorsement from their University or Sponsoring Institution is required;
- Applications should be submitted by e-mail to recruitment-at-unssc.org or by fax: (0039) 011 65359 02.
- Please indicate in the subject “Application for Internship vacancy announcement 006.
For more information please visit the official web site.