Deadline: 1 October 2017
Open to: civil society actors from Russia and the EU
Benefits: travel grants
We are ready to financially support travel, accommodation and participation expenses for experts from EU countries to Russia and vice versa with the condition of writing an article on the topic of the conference, seminar or court hearing for the following Legal Dialogue Journal issue. Our objective is to support the exchange between legal expert communities in Russia and the EU countries with the aim to support and strengthen the European civil society without borders.
The EU-Russia Legal Dialogue Travel Grants Programme is open to civil society actors from Russia and the EU. Representatives of members of the EU-Russia Civil Society Forum will always have priority in the selection procedure.
Two types of grants are possible:
- You can apply for a grant for travelling for a CSO representative to a thematic relevant event from Russia to EU;
- Or, from EU to Russia or for inviting an external expert from Russia to EU or from EU to Russia to a thematic event your organisation is organising;
- The events can be selected from the calendar of the Legal Dialogue Journal or proposed by your own;
- You will always need to explain how your participation/ the participation of the expert contribute to the strengthening of the legal dialogue between the civil societies and expert communities in Russia and the EU.
The amount of support is flexible. It will depend on the concrete travel and accommodation costs and participation fees, as well as the overall funding context (the rules of the event’s organisers). The amount of per diems is set by the CSF. The maximum of the funding is 850 euro. Co-financing efforts and cost efficiency are anticipated.
How to apply?
- Applications can be transmitted only via the official online application form until the officially announced deadline;
- You will receive a confirmation email from us within 5 working days after your application;
- An international independent jury will select the winners within 10 working days after the officially announced deadline and the amount of funding according to the overall application situation;
- All possible conflicts of interests shall be taken into consideration and avoided when selecting jury members;
- Conditions for funding are writing an article for the Legal Dialogue Journal after the event, in consultation with the editor and the editorial rules, as well as providing all necessary accounting documents in compliance with an agreed deadline;
- All information provided in applications will be checked. Deception is a reason for disqualification. All winners of the competition will sign a contract on financial support with the CSF.
In general, post funding is the preferential form of funding. However, transferal of 70% is possible in advance. All documents necessary for the accounting will be listed in the contract on financial support. The second batch will be transferred only after receiving all documents necessary for the accounting, as well as the report/ article in the agreed form. Post funding is also possible for events that took place one month before the deadline for applications, these applications have to run through the same application and selection procedure (no guarantees for funding).
For more information please visit the official website.