Deadline: 01 March 2018
Open to: master’s and PhD-level students
Benefits: a monthly stipend of approximately EUR 873.34
The Danish Government Scholarships under the Cultural Agreements are aimed at highly qualified exchange students wishing to immerse themselves in studies of the Danish language and culture or other fields of study related to Denmark.
The Danish Ministry of Higher Education and Science is in charge of research and education above high school/upper secondary school. The ministry has also been known as the “Ministry of Science, Innovation and Higher Education”, the “Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation of Denmark”, the “Science Ministry”, the “Research Ministry”, and the “Ministry of Research and Technology”.
- Scholarships are only available to masters and ph.d.-level students. However, bachelor’s degree students wishing to study Danish language and literature can also apply if they have studied the Danish language for two years;
- Scholarships are only offered to students enrolled in full-degree studies at higher education institutions in the countries listed;
- Applications from candidates affiliated with higher education institutions in countries other than those listed will not be taken into consideration;
- Participants may be liable to pay tax on their scholarship in the Kingdom of Denmark. Therefore, scholarship recipients should contact the local tax authorities for an individual assessment;
- Danish is the normal language of instruction at institutions of higher education in Denmark, but more and more institutions offer courses in English or in another foreign language or have special arrangements for non-Danish students.
- Scholarships include free tuition and a monthly stipend of approximately EUR 873.34;
- Some Danish higher education institutions may choose to charge a fee in conjunction with Ph.D. courses;
- Danish Government Scholarships can be used to cover travel, visa, accommodation, food, and other living expenses;
- The scholarships are for one person only. Additional amounts for accompanying family members are not available.
How to apply?
In order to apply, please fill the application.
For more information, please visit the official webpage.