Deadline: 26 October 2017
Open to: open for all – (U.S. embargoed countries are not eligible)
Benefits: a fellowship includes a stipend for two academic years (2018-2019 and 2019-2020) and, in the US, an education allowance for year one (2018-2019)
Since the creation of the IBM Ph.D. Fellowship Program in 1951, IBM has supported thousands of Ph.D. Fellowship students with more than 700 students supported over the past 10 years alone.
Strong collaboration with faculty, students and universities are vital to IBM. The Ph.D. Fellowship Program advances this collaboration by recognizing and supporting exceptional Ph.D. students who want to make their mark in promising and disruptive technologies. In 2018, the Fellowship Program is focusing on AI, security, blockchain and quantum computing. IBM is well positioned to advance these technologies and exploit their ability to transform industries and societies.
- Students must be nominated by a doctoral faculty member and must be a full-time student in a PhD program over the two consecutive academic years of the award or forfeit their fellowship;
- Students must be approximately two years from receiving their degree;
- Students from U.S. embargoed countries are not eligible for the program;
- Award recipients will be selected based on their overall potential for research excellence, the degree to which their technical interests align with those of IBM, and their academic progress to-date, as evidenced by publications and endorsements from their faculty advisor and department head;
- Students receiving a comparable fellowship from another company or institution during the same academic period are not eligible for an IBM PhD Fellowship.
Eligible Regions: Open for all. (U.S. embargoed countries are not eligible ).
- The 2018 two-year IBM PhD Fellowships are awarded worldwide;
- A fellowship includes a stipend for two academic years (2018-2019 and 2019-2020) and, in the US, an education allowance for year one (2018-2019);
- In the US, fellowship recipients while in school will receive a stipend for living expenses, travel, and to attend conferences (USD35,000 for 2018-2019 and USD35,000 for 2019-2020). US fellowship recipients will also receive USD 25,000 toward their education in 2018-2019;
- Outside the US, fellowship recipients while in school will receive a competitive stipend for living expenses, travel, and to attend conferences for the two academic years 2018-2019 and 2019-2020. Fellowship stipends vary by country;
- All IBM Ph.D. Fellows are matched with an IBM Mentor according to their technical interests, and they are strongly encouraged to participate in at least one internship at IBM while completing their studies.
How to apply?
In order to apply follow this link.
For more information please visit the official website.