Deadline: 1 October 2021
Open to: researchers of all nationalities working in the arts, humanities, or social sciences
Benefits: three to nine months residency
The Getty Scholar Grants are for established scholars, or individuals who have attained distinction in their fields.
Recipients may be in residence at the Getty Research Institute or Getty Villa, where they pursue their own projects free from work-related obligations, make use of Getty collections, join their colleagues in a weekly meeting devoted to an annual research theme or the African American Art History Initiative, and participate in the intellectual life of the Getty.
- Applications are welcome from researchers of all nationalities who are working in the arts, humanities, or social sciences.
- Applicants who received their degree after September 1, 2017, should apply for a postdoctoral fellowship.
- Current Getty staff and members of their immediate family are not eligible for Scholar Grants. Recent recipients who have received a Getty Scholar award within the past three years may be removed from consideration.
Getty Scholars may be in residence from three to nine months:
- Three-month residency: September to December, January to April, April to June: $21,500
- Six-month residency: September to April, January to June: $43,000
- Nine-month residency: September to June: $65,000
AAAHI Fellowships are limited to nine-month residency terms, and are granted $65,000 stipends.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information, visit the official website.