Deadline: 13 July 2014
Open to: candidates with a degree in sociology, economics, international law, development studies, gender studies, international relations and relevant experience
Remuneration: paid position
Over the past years, through the Regional Project “Promoting Gender Responsive Polices in South-East Europe and the Republic of Moldova”, UN Women has provided support to national and local stakeholders in strengthening democratic governance and advancing women’s rights through initiatives aimed at mainstreaming gender in policy planning and budgeting processes. Those initiatives led to the recognition of Gender Responsive Budgeting (GRB) as an important tool for the advancement of gender equality in laws and strategies in Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina (BiH), Macedonia and the Republic of Moldova.
To support the implementation of the National Strategy for incorporation of GRB and the Methodology for GRB in Macedonia, UN Women is seeking to recruit a Local consultant to mentor pilot state institutions and coach Ministry of Finance (MoF) on gender responsive budgeting.
- Advanced degree in sociology, economics, international law, development studies, and/or gender studies and/or international relations, or similar. Masters or PhD would be an advantage;
- A minimum of 7 years of relevant professional experience;
- Recognised expertise and experience in GRB, gender mainsteaming, public policy, or similar fields;
- Experience in producing gender analysis, mentoring and coaching public institutions on gender mainstreaming and gender responsive budgeting;
- Knowledge of relevant government policies/strategies on the status of women, gender equality, gender responsive budgeting and public administration;
- Ability to work in a team and independently;
- Strong analytical, writing and communication skills in Macedonian and English;
- Good computer skills in Windows environment, knowledge of internet communications and command of MS Office applications (Power Point, Word, Excel).
The duration of the contract is maximum 25 working days in the period 25 July – 30 November 2014. The payment will be divided in several installments, with a final installment released upon the completion of of all tasks in the assignment, and submission and approval by UN Women of final report.
Application deadline is 13 July 2014.
Apply online HERE.
For further information visit the official website HERE.