Deadline: 1 March 2015
Open to: students from foreign universities outside Austria
Scholarship: EUR 940 / month
Students from foreign universities are invited to apply for The Ernst Mach Grants to come to Austria for a study stay at the Austrian universities of applied sciences (Fachhochschulen).
The topics of the study programmes can roughly be summarized as follows: Economics/Business, Tourism, Economics and Technology, Technology/Biotechnology, Media and Design as well as Health and Social Matters. Find the study programmes offer HERE.
Duration of stay is 4 to 10 months in the academic year 2015/2016.
The program is open to applicants:
- who study a master Programme or have successfully completed at least 4 semesters of studies within a bachelor/diploma Programme by the time of taking up the grant
- who are studying at a university in one of the eligible countries (list HERE),
- maximum age limit: 35 years (born on or after Oct. 1st, 1979),
- applicants must not have studied/pursued research/pursued academic work in Austria in the last six months before taking up the grant,
- proficiency in the language of instruction (German or English), particularly in the respective subject area, is a prerequisite.
- Monthly grant rate 940 EUR
- Accident and health insurance, accommodation:
- If necessary, the Austrian Agency for International Cooperation in Education & Research (OeAD-GmbH) will take out an accident and health insurance on behalf of the grant recipient.
- The OeAD-GmbH will endeavor to provide accommodation, monthly costs: 220 to 470 EUR. An administration fee of 18 EUR per month is payable to the OeAD-GmbH for arranging accommodation. The costs for insurance and accommodation have to be paid out of the grant by the recipient of the grant.
- Recipients of grants are exempted from paying tuition fees.
- Recipients of grants from non-European developing countries will also receive a travel costs subsidy of 730 EUR maximum.
Application deadline is 1 March 2015. Apply online HERE.
- Two letters of recommendation by university lecturers;
- Confirmation of the home university that the exams passed in Austria will be recognised by the home university;
- Acceptance letter from the university of applied sciences (Fachhochschule);
- Scan of your passport (page with the name and photo);
- Scan of the transcript of your exams passed so far.
For further information read the official call HERE.