Deadline: 30 June 2016
Open to: candidates who hold a PhD (awarded within the last 5 years or an approved PhD thesis with graduation pending) in one of the social sciences as well as strong writing and methodological skills
Fellowship: USD 30,000 per year approximately
The Centre for Social Conflict and Cohesion Studies (COES) invites applications for postdoctoral research positions. COES is a multidisciplinary Centre that aims to produce cutting edge research on conflicts and social cohesion in Chile as well as in the Latin American region, based on different conceptual and methodological contributions from the social sciences. COES also aims to stimulate public debate and awareness as well as inform public policy making with evidenced based research. The Centre is looking for candidates to develop their research in the following areas:
- The socio-economic dimensions of conflict;
- Group and individual interactions;
- Social and political conflict;
- The geographies of conflict.
COES invites applications for postdoctoral research position in disciplines like sociology, psychology, urbanism, geographic, economics, political science, history, anthropology, among others.
- Qualified candidates must have a PhD (awarded within the last 5 yearsor an approved PhD thesis with graduation pending) in one of the social sciences as well as strong writing and methodological skills;
- They should possess expertise in topics that fit into the Centre’s research agenda such as social movements, social theory, political socialization, social stratification, intergroup relations, social identity and intergroup contact, multidimensional inequalities, segregation, urban conflict, territorial inequality.
The salary offered for this position is USD 30,000 per year approximately (precise amounts may vary depending on exchange rates). Each position is for two years, but renewal for the second year will be subject to the fulfilment of objectives.
How to apply?
In order to apply please send to email@example.com latest by 30 June 2016 the following documents:
- A motivational letter;
- Curriculum vitae;
- Summary of PhD research;
- Brief research proposal (no more than two pages);
- Two letters of support.
Interviews with the selection committee could also be by telephone or through video conference.