Deadline: 15 July 2016
Open to: creative people over 18 years of age
Prizes: join UNWTO for the official launch of the International Year in Madrid on 18 January 2017, winning logo will travel all around the world
The United Nations 70th General Assembly has designated 2017 as the International Year of Sustainable Tourism for Development (A/C.2/70/L.5). This is a unique opportunity to raise awareness on the contribution of sustainable tourism to development among public and private sector decision-makers and the public, while mobilizing all stakeholders to work together in making tourism a catalyst for positive change.
In the context of the universal 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), the International Year aims to support a change in policies, business practices and consumer behavior towards a more sustainable tourism sector than can contribute to the SDGs.
The #IYSTD2017 will promote tourism’s role in the following five key areas:
- Inclusive and sustainable economic growth;
- Social inclusiveness, employment and poverty reduction;
- Resource efficiency, environmental protection and climate change;
- Cultural values, diversity and heritage;
- Mutual understanding, peace and security.
Creative people aged above 18.
- See your logo travelling around the world in all activities and campaigns related to the year;
- Join UNWTO for the official launch of the International Year in Madrid on 18 January 2017 (the Organization will offer, accommodation for 2 nights in Madrid).
How to apply?
Submissions must include:
- Logo in all three languages (English, French or Spanish) as below:
- International Year of Sustainable Tourism for Development 2017;
- Année internationale du tourisme durable pour le développement 2017;
- Año Internacional del Turismo Sostenible para el Desarrollo 2017;
- The logo in:
- Vector design (ai. or eps.) and jpg (minimum size 1000×1000 px);
- Positive and negative (black and white).
- A logo that is versatile to be used in horizontal and squared applications and in various media (online and offline);
- Your personal details as per the attached submission form.
Submitted logos should reflect the aims and messaging of the Year.
In addition, the jury will take extra elements to support such as colour, originality, representation of the theme, into account. Deadline for applying is 15 July 2016.
For more information please check the official website.